Two Steeples Medical Centre, Abington Close, Wigston, LE18 2EW
Telephone: 0116 344 0233
Repeat Prescription Ordering
You can order your repeat prescription up to a week in advance but please give at least 3 working days.
1. Order repeat prescriptions using SystmOnline. This is the preferred and easiest way to order (support available on how to go online from our reception team) Click here
2. Order repeat prescriptions using Contact the Practice Online Click here
3. Order online using the NHS app
4. Bring the green copy of your repeat medication, or a letter explaining what is required and hand to a member of reception team at the surgery
5. Call our reception team after 10am on 0116 344 0233 – please only call if you cannot use any of the above methods
You can usually collect your prescription from the pharmacy 3 to 5 working days after you have ordered it.
You will need to choose a pharmacy to collect your prescription from. We call this nominating a pharmacy.
You can change your nominated pharmacy at any time:
If you have questions about your medicine, your local pharmacists can answer these. They can also answer questions on medicines you can buy without a prescription.
The NHS website has information on how your medicine works, how and when to take it, possible side effects and answers to your common questions.
If you would like to speak to someone at the GP surgery about your prescription:
Find out more about prescription charges (nhs.uk).
Take it to the pharmacy you got it from or bring it in to the surgery. Do not put it in your household bin or flush it down the toilet.
As qualified healthcare professionals, pharmacists can offer advice on minor illnesses such as:
They can also advise on medicine that you can buy without a prescription.
Many pharmacies are open until late and at weekends. You do not need an appointment.
Most pharmacies have a private consultation room where you can discuss issues with pharmacy staff without being overheard.